Protecting and Promoting the LMU Brand
LMU's trademark licensing program ensures that LMU presents a positive and consistent image to the world through careful stewardship of our name, logos, and other trademarks.
To protect our brand, LMU's name and visual identity marks are trademarked with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and may not be used, altered, distributed, or licensed without permission from LMU Marketing, Communications, and External Relations.
Policies in Brief
- Only vendors with a valid license may produce products bearing an LMU trademark, including the university name or logos. This includes merchandise for sale and departmental orders of uniforms and giveaways.
- All uses of the university logos must adhere to LMU’s visual identity standards.
- All external uses of university logos must receive permission from LMU Marketing, Communications, and External Relations.
Benefits of Licensing
Using licensed vendors to order and purchase products helps LMU protect our brand and reputation.
- All orders are reviewed for quality and brand compliance.
- Licensed vendors comply with LMU's ethical commitment to fair labor standards through our affiliation with the Worker Rights Consortium.
- Licensed merchandise earns royalties for LMU.
Visual Identity and Logo Use Guidelines
How to Order Swag and Promotional Products
Individuals and organizations--including LMU departments and programs--must use licensed vendors when placing orders for promotional items, apparel and swag. By using a licensed vendor, you ensure that all items bearing LMU indicia are high quality, brand-aligned, and produced under fair labor conditions. Choose a licensed vendor from the list below.
- Internal campus use vendors (for promotional items not for resale)
- To order branded merchandise for fundraisers, please contact email@example.com.
- LMU Marketing On-Demand Webinar: How to Order Great Swag
If you work with a vendor who is not on the approved vendor list, direct them to CLC to apply for a license.
Become a Licensed Vendor
Vendors interested in selling promotional items or merchandise bearing LMU marks must first obtain a license. Learn more about applying for a license through CLC.
Purchase Licensed Merchandise
When purchasing LMU gear, always look for the "Officially Licensed Collegiate Product" hologram sticker attached to the product. All products in the LMU Bookstore are licensed.
CLC administers LMU’s licensing program, including processing applications, collecting royalties, enforcing trademarks and pursuing new market opportunities for the University.
Direct general questions about trademark licensing at LMU to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For requests to use LMU’s university marks, contact:
Director of Brand Management
For requests to use LMU’s athletic marks, contact:
Associate Athletic Director, Marketing and Fan Engagement